Loxton is a charming, vibrant town situated on the southern bank of the Murray River approximately 250km from Adelaide. Established by its pioneers as the Garden Town of the Riverland, Loxton’s beautifully maintained gardens have been adapted to the changing climatic conditions and the town is now a recognised leader in the use of low-water sustainable landscapes
Boasting first class accommodation, unique attractions, a nationally recognized golf course, thriving retail and business centre, wine tasting, numerous festivals and events, beautifully maintained gardens, and a variety of nature-based activities such as swimming, boating, canoeing, fishing and bushwalking makes the Loxton the perfect base for your Riverland holiday
The townships of Moorook & Kingston on Murray are located a short drive northwest of Loxton. Here you can wander Banrock Station's boardwalks, discover the Murray's backwaters and creeks with a relaxing cruise, sample award-winning wines or just relax and enjoy the country hospitality.
Things to see and do in Loxton, Moorook, Kingston On Murray and the surrounding district
- The Village, historic Loxton
- Banrock Station Wine & Wetland Centre
- ‘The Pines’, Loxton’s Historic House and Gardens
- The Tree of Knowledge
- River Lady Cruises
- The Terrace Gallery
- Loxton Golf Course
- Playgrounds: Loxton Pioneer Playground & Loxton Club Undercover Playground. Click here to view You Tube clip.
- Self drive tours and walks including Loxton Community Conservation and Heritage Park
- Murray River: fishing, swimming, skiing, canoeing, cruising, house boating
- Lock 4, Murray River National Parks and Reserves
- Kingston Bridge Lookout
- Local produce and seasonal roadside stalls
Waikerie is situated on the banks of the majestic Murray River, a mere 175 kms from Adelaide & offers one of the longest stretches of scenic accessible riverbank in South Australia. Therefore, Waikerie is the perfect destination for water sports, fishing, camping and relaxing.
The beautiful riverfrontshowcases well maintained, lush green grassed areas with BBQ facilities, a playground, restroom and shelters where you can sit back and relax as you watch the river flow by. Here you will see the free local ferry carrying its cargo back and forth across the river. The adjacent Cliff Top Lookout & Walk offers spectacular views of the River Murray
A Houseboat Holiday or a River Cruise offer ultimate relaxation with family and friends. Cruising along the magnificent Murray River, or pulled up at quiet scenic locations, makes for an unforgettable break, far from the stresses of the modern day world.
The district is full of wildlife, natural history, conservation parks, wetlands and ecological attractions that are hard to surpass for beauty, selection and availability. Brilliant weather all year round ensures a most desirable climate for outdoor activities during both short and long stays.
Waikerie offers a wide choice of dining options, accommodation, local produce and shopping – come and stay for awhile.
Things to see and do in Waikerie, Ramco and the surrounding district
- Rain Moth Gallery – Pick up their Art & Food Trail brochure
- Havenhand’s Chocolate Factory & Café
- Paul White Photo Gallery
- River Gum Cruises
- Waikerie Bike Hire
- Cliff-top Walk and Lookout
- Hart Lagoon Bird Hide and Walking Trail
- Waikerie History Walk
- RSL Club & War Museum
- Waikerie Golf Club 18-hole, bunker less Golf Course
- Gluepot Reserve
- Waikerie Birdwatcher’s Trail
- Waikerie Gliding Club
- Benson Park
- Riverglen View Art Studio & Gallery