No items available to list.
Terms of Reference
Pursuant to section 41(1) of the Local Government Act 1999, the District Council of Loxton Waikerie resolved on 17 March 2006 to establish a committee to be known as the Performance Review Committee.
PURPOSE OF THE COMMITTEE
The purposes of the committee are:
a) To undertake the annual performance review of the position of Chief Executive Officer and recommend to Council appropriate actions, remuneration and other matters as required by the employment contract for that position
b) To assist and provide advice to the Chief Executive Officer in his annual performance review of those Directors employed under fixed term performance based contracts.
c) To periodically review the mechanism and form of performance review of the Chief Executive Officer and employees on fixed term performance based contracts
The committee shall consist of
Four (4) elected members appointed by the District Council of Loxton Waikerie.
Members shall hold office from the date of their appointment, for a term until the first meeting of Council following the next general Council election, and shall be eligible for re-appointment .
The chairman of the committee shall be appointed by the committee at its first meeting.
A quorum shall be determined by the division of the number of current members, ignoring any fraction plus one.
CONFLICT OF INTEREST
The provisions of sections 73, 74 and 75 of the Local Government Act 1999 will apply to all members of the committee, in relation to meetings and any business or proposed business of the committee.
REGISTER OF INTEREST
The provisions of section 68 of the Local Government Act 1999 will apply to members of the committee.
PROCEEDINGS OF THE COMMITTEE MEETINGS
The committee shall be subject to the provisions of the Local Government (Procedures at Meetings) Regulations 2000.
The committee shall meet as required.
A notice of meeting and agenda shall be provided to each committee member at least 3 clear days before each meeting.
A question arising for decision at a meeting of the committee will be decided by a majority of the votes cast by the members present at the meeting and entitled to vote on the question.
The Chairman shall also have a casting vote if required.
All meetings of the committee are open to the public.
Duties of the Chairman
The duties of the Chairman of the committee are:
a) to preside at meetings of the committee
b) preserve order at meetings so that the business may be conducted in due form and with propriety
c) upon confirmation of the minutes, sign them in the presence of the meeting
d) responsibility to the Council for the proper observance of these Terms of Reference
e) if requested, to provide advice to the Executive Officer between committee meetings on the implementation of the decisions of the committee
f) to act as the principal spokesperson of the committee
g) to exercise other functions of the committee as the Council determines
h) to carry out the ceremonial duties of the committee.
General Duties of Members of the Committee
Members are expected to:
a) act honestly and within the law at all times
b) act in good faith and not for improper or ulterior motives
c) act in a reasonable, just and non discriminatory manner
d) undertake their role with reasonable care and diligence
e) conduct their ongoing relationship with fellow Council members, Council employees and the public with respect, courtesy and sensitivity
f) use information in a careful and prudent manner.
Process of review of the performance of the Chief Executive Officer
1. The Performance Review Committee to receive the initial full report of the Chief Executive Officer performance review and review in consultation with the independent consultant and Chief Executive Officer
2. The Performance Review Committee to recommend outcomes of the performance review of the Chief Executive Officer to council and include any change of remuneration if required
3. The Performance Review Committee to initially consider any grievance or less than satisfactory performance of the Chief Executive Officer
4. The Performance Review Committee be given authority to meet on a more than annual basis if required to review the performance of the Chief Executive Officer
5. The Performance Review Committee be authorised to customise the model questionnaire and appraisal documents as recommend by McArthur’s to suit council circumstances
Mr Leon Stasinowsky
Member of the following S41 Committees of Council
The Mayor is an ex-officio member of all S41 Committees of Council
Representative and delegate on external committees
- LGA of SA State Executive Committee (proxy)
- Strategic Planning & Development Policy Committee
- Murray & Mallee Local Government Association (M&MLGA)
- Riverland Locl Government Forum
- Audit Committee
- Community Award Programme Assessment Panel
- Local Government Finance Authority - AGM council representative
- Community Grants Assessment Reference Panel